I’m not really wanting to write about RA today. Sometimes I worry that RA completely takes over my life. And that is just unacceptable. So to break things up, I thought I’d tell you 10 facts about me that have absolutely nothing to do with RA.
1. I was born in GA and have lived in SC and NC. I’ve traveled the US extensively (there are only a few states I haven’t been to) but I’ve never left the country. Everytime I try to schedule a trip, something comes up.
2. I’m extremely claustrophobic. Hell for me is sitting in the middle of a row because I feel like I can’t get out.
3. I’ve never been able to tan. I have two colors: white and lobster. Lobster doesn’t look good on me. I also have scars on my shoulders from a really bad burn in high school. So white it is.
4. I’m incredibly accident prone. I really did fall down a handicap ramp once. I also fell down the steps at a birthday party for my friend’s daughter. Screaming the f word in front of a bunch of 3 year olds did not make me friends with their parents. And finally two summers ago, I did this to my leg in my gravel driveway. Ewww.
5. I love new clothes but I hate shopping. I always wind up in the dressing room with the annoying kid who thinks it’s funny to peak under the dressing room door (happened last weekend at Steinmart) or in line next to the kid who is fah-reaking out because he missed his nap so his mom gave him a Red Bull to tide him over.
6. I hate reality dating shows. It never ceases to amaze me how worked up people get over PEOPLE WHO HAVE TO GO ON TV TO GET A DATE. I’m sorry but there’s just no way I could take someone like that seriously.
7. I like other types of reality shows. Intervention, Hoarders, Teen Mom (holy crap, I’m 30 years old and my mom would still kick my butt if I tried to cop half the ‘tude that some of these girls have!), anything with the Kardashians. My personal favorite is Confessions: Animal Hoarding in that I can remind my pet that yes, life could be SO MUCH WORSE than living with me.
8. I spend too much time on my phone. It’s embarrassing.
9. I LOVE bar games. Trivia, darts, beer pong, you name it. Love it. Note that I never said I was good at any of them.
10. Without sounding cliched, I have some pretty fabulous friends and family. I realize here that I’ve bitched more about some that were not so fabulous…but I’m a pretty lucky gal in that respect and am going to try to take some time to ‘introduce’ you to some of my lifesavers.
I’d love to hear more about y’all that’s not RA related!